OK, I don't know if this was a REALLY stupid thing to do.....
I was looking at creating my own website, no experience and much optimism.
I came across this site... Getting British Business Online http://www.gbbo.co.uk/
Basically you get a free website for 2 years, then just pay a few pounds to renew the domain name for another 2 years. It's with BT and Google plus loads of enterprise support people. They have a target of helping create 100,000 websites by the end of the year and are encouraging small/miceo businesses.
Well, I thought, I'm an entrepreneur, what we are doing is legal, I pay taxes so why not?
A day after creating a minimalist website www.shysmile.co.uk
I received a phone call from a nice young sounding girl at a GBBO call centre.
- Hello, this is Spritely Young Government Backed Worker, I understand you have just created a new website with GBBO.
- Erm, yes
- And your business is..... an escort
- Well, I was just calling to see if I could help you improve your website in anyway.
- I'm a bit worried about the address for the domain name
- I'm sure you could use your local pub
She then went through my (very minimal) website at the time, page by page suggesting improvements! She has told me to call anytime for help!
How wonderful. Or not? Have I been stupid?
ps. Any comments on the site ie. any typos or anything I might have missed would be appreciated. I'm taking more photos at the weekend, which will hopefully be a bit better than the ones on there.